On race day, entries are accepted up to 20 minutes prior to the scheduled race start time (start time is usually 9 am – see race details).
Member types and fees
Members Race Fees
- Standard $10 per race
- Students and pensioners $8 per race
Invitational Runners (non-members)
- An entry fee of $15 applies to adult invitational runners, except the September 21.1 km where the entry fee is $30.
- Secondary school students aged 16 years and over $10
- Invites cannot enter online. They need to register at the club van by 8:20 and fill out a form, pay the race fee and collect a chip, yellow tag and race number provided by the club.
- Invitational runners must run with the race number on the front and yellow tag on their back.
- Invitational runners are timed but are not eligible for fastest time or handicap prizemoney.
- Invites can run up to 6 times a season, after which they can become club members.
- New members are started on provisional handicaps for their first six runs.
- During this time, new members are not eligible for prize money but are eligible for championship prizes and points.
- New members must wear yellow tags (provided by the club) on their front and back.
Payment of Race Fees
The race fee can be paid up to 20 minutes before the scheduled race start time (usually 9 am). You can pay race fees by various options:
- Prepay online by Register Now (links on races page).
- With a credit, debit or EFTPOS card in-person at the van at the race.
- Prepay race fees when you pay your annual membership. This works out to be a discount if you run 18 or more races for the season.
Teams Race & Alternative 5 km Races:
- For the teams race, runners need to enter by the Sunday prior. Teams are published just prior to the race start.
- On days when the race is over 10 km, an alternative 5 km race is also held. Runners in these 5 km races don’t earn championship points but the run counts towards their total number of club runs. For these 5 km races, all runners start together. Prizemoney is awarded based on handicap times.
The Geelong Half Marathon and Dawnbuster
- The Geelong Cross Country Club also puts on the Geelong Half Marathon (in autumn) and Dawnbuster (on 31st Dec). These are not counted as official club runs, and have separate fees and entry time cut offs.