A calm, cool morning greeted the field of 65 who turned out for the running of the Point Lonsdale Health and Wellness 10 km handicap at Point Lonsdale on Sunday. It was a very complicated course and full credit to Paul and Murray for their work throughout the week and also to those who volunteered to marshal. In the final stages of the race, the wind suddenly increased.
Life member and consistent placegetter, Ken Walker won his first race since 2007 when he cleared out to win by 150 metres from Damian Woodberry with the fast finishing Demetrius Churkovich 40 metres further astern. Walker has run numerous placings over the past few years as well as winning his age group championship every year.
Pat Hagan was comprehensively the fastest male while invitation entrant, Alana Plymin ended Kate Bramley’s sequence of fastest female honours.
Top 10 Placings
K. Walker 43.50, D. Woodberry 52.21, D. Churkovich 49.10, C. Hatton 48.52, B. Ingles 48.17, K. Bramley 39.56, J. Foran 44.51, G. Wrest 48.16, P. Hagan 36.07, A. Kavanagh 42.23.
- Under 20 Male: C. Hill 45.02.
- Under 40 Male: P. Hagan 36.07, W. Forsythe 38.46.
- Under 40 Female: A. Plymin 39.12, K. Bramley 39.56.
- Veteran Male: D. Burns 38.28, S. Vander Bruggen 40.26.
- Veteran Female: F. Wright 47.02, K. Wright 54.27.
- Masters Male: J. Foran 44.51, Z. Krstevski 46.45.
- Masters Female: G. Pape 48.06, C. Crawford 55.17.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 43.50, C. Hatton 48.52.
- Legends Female: P. Galvin 54.39, S. Buckingham 58.35.
- Supervets Male: D. Elward 44.32, G. Clark 53.20.
- Supervets Female: C. Stephens 55.10, F. Barnett 71.05.
- Magic Money: P.Hagan 36.07.
Next Sunday’s race is an 8 km handicap race starting at the Ocean Grove Golf Club car park at 9:00 a.m. New members and invitation runners most welcome.