A cool windy morning greeted the field of 53 that turned out for the running of the Corrective Chiropractic Bellarine 7 km handicap at Drysdale yesterday. Thankfully the predicted heavy rain stayed away. Course directors, Geoff Clark, Stuart Crossfield and Gerry Fitzpatrick did a magnificent job reconfiguring the course after flooding made the footbridge impassable.
As usual, the undulating course and challenging terrain favoured the backmarkers. Club president and life member Kevin McNulty took the lead with 500 metres to go and won by 80 metres from Madeline Crawford with last week’s winner, Luke Considine 10 metres back in third. McNulty, a veteran with 369 club runs, has been in the placings recently so his win was not unexpected.
First year runner, Hugh Fleet, was the fastest male for the second week running with Kate Bramley being the fastest female by a huge margin once again
Top 10 Placings
K. McNulty 32.02, M. Crawford 34.53, L. Considine 28.20, K. Walker 31.52, L. Pye 37.29, L. Haines 28.31, E. Kelly 28.21, A. Kavanagh 30.30, P. Posterino 28.16, M. Morton 30.29.
- Under 40 Male: H. Fleet 27.53, P.Posterino 28.16.
- Under 40 Female: K. Bramley 29.42, P. Minney 34.50.
- Veteran Male: L. Considine 28.20, E. Kelly 28.21.
- Veteran Female: A. Muscroft 34.50, K. Gilbert 40.03.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 31.59, Z. Krstevski 33.32.
- Masters Female: S. Andrews 35.23, C. Crawford 40.34.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 31.52, K. McNulty 32.02.
- Legends Female: P. Galvin 41.32, J. Elkin 54.32.
- Supervets Male: V. Gasper 37.08, J. Walker 39.53.
- Supervets Female: F. Barnett 53.18.
- Magic Money: K. Greaves 38.46.
Next Sunday’s race is a 8 km sealed handicap race starting at the Balyang Sanctuary at 9:00 a.m. New members and invitation runners most welcome. Registrations close at 8:30 a.m.