A field of 65 turned out on a breezy grey morning for the running of the Pro Feet Podiatry 8 km handicap at Portarlington on Sunday. The strength of the wind became more obvious when the runners turned for the homeward leg and the backmarkers came to the fore.
It was Paul Posterino in his tweenty-fourth race with the club who surged to the lead 300 metres from the finish to deny consistent stalwarts, Dave Elward and Ken Walker. Posterino missed the first half of last season with a severe injury and is now back in fine form.
Former five time club champion, Genevieve Pape, was the fastest female whilst Pat Hagan was the fastest male for the third consecutive time. Geoff Anset was recognised for reaching his 200 run milestone.
Top 10 Placings
P. Posterino 30.08, D. Elward 34.22, K. Walker 33.40, K.McNulty 34.39, L. Considine 31.23, E. Kelly 30.00, D. Churkovich 38.25, M. Crawford 38.17, A. Ward 33.30, C. Crawford 42.33
- Under 20 Male: J. Peart 49.12.
- Under 40 Male: P. Hagan 28.15, P. Posterino 30.08.
- Under 40 Female: M. Crawford 38.17, K. Bahari 40.07.
- Veteran Male: E. Kelly 30.00, L. Considine 31.23.
- Veteran Female: K. Gilbert 42.49, E. Gordon 43.21.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 33.30, S. Borwick 39.38.
- Masters Female: G. Pape 37.34, C. Crawford 42.33.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 33.40, K. McNulty 34.39.
- Legends Female: S. Howell 37.52, P. Galvin 40.35.
- Supervets Male: D. Elward 34.22, P. Fuller 39.17.
- Supervets Female: C. Stephens 43.07, F. Barnett 55.03.
Magic Money: F. Barnett