71 hardy souls travelled to Wurdiboluc for the running of the Injury Clinic 12.6 km handicap on a bleak Sunday morning. Fortunately, the rain held off for the duration of the race. The run to the reservoir dam wall was slushy and once on the wall the runners were buffeted by cyclonic winds.
It was Luke Ryan who overtook Vin Gasper two kilometres from home to go on to win by 70 metres with Susan Andrews close behind in third. The win was Ryan’s third club win. Reigning club champions, Rachael Thompson and Daryl Burns, were their gender’s fastest.
Due to a technological glitch, hardworking handicapper Dan Wright worked industriously to come up with a complete set of results.
Top 10 Placings
L. Ryan 56.28, V. Gasper 57.20, S. Andrews 58.28, S.Pretty 60.42, T. Davis 54.18, K. McNulty 55.32, D. Wright 49.40, L.Pye 64.51, A. Jenkins 64.06, D. Burns 46.43.
- Under 40 Male: H. Fleet 48.24, P. Hagan 48.30.
- Under 40 Female: R. Thompson 56.44, C. Holman 66.00.
- Veteran Male: D. Burns 46.43, D. Wright 49.40
- Veteran Female: S. Andrews 58.28, S. Pedersen 63.12.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 58.53, A. Barber 60.33.
- Masters Female: R. Kimpton 58.54, T. De Koning-Ward 66.58.
- Legends Male: K. McNulty 55.32, J. Morton 63.30.
- Legends Female: P.Tindall 66.26, P. Galvin 67.57.
- Supervets Male: V. Gasper 57.20, F. Engelsman 75.49.
- Supervets Female: C. Bridgland 85.00
- Magic Money: G. Anset 64.26.
- Consolation 5 km: K. Walker 21.24
Next Sunday’s race is a 10 km sealed handicap race at Barwon Valley Park, Melway Ref 451 K8 at 9:00 a.m. New members and invitation runners most welcome. Registrations close at 8:30 am.