A pleasant Sunday morning greeted the 70 enthusiastic runners gathered for the running of the Pro Feet Podiatry 7 km handicap at Drysdale Recreation Reserve. It is a true undulating cross country course which suits strong runners. The set up was a tribute to course directors, Geoff, Stuart and Mark.
Assistant Treasurer, Michael Morton scored his maiden club victory when he overtook Luke Ryan with 350 metres to go to finally win by 40 metres with Jeff Walker a further 160 metres astern in third. Morton, now in his fifth season was drawn to the club by the enthusiasm of his parents, Jeanette and John, who have been members for a dozen years.
Former club champion, Kate Bramley and promising invitation junior, Zac Norton were easily the fastest of their gender.
Top 10 Placings
M. Morton 29.49, L. Ryan 32.46, J. Walker 37.31, L. Considine 29.22, L. Haines 28.22, K. Bramley 28.41, K. Walker 30.47, D. Burns 28.16, H. Mack 29.38, V. Gasper 34.21.
- Under 20 Male: Z. Norton 24.54.
- Under 40 Male: L. Drady 28.00, M. Fox 28.04.
- Under 40 Female: K. Bramley 28.41, R.Thompson 32.11
- Veteran Male: E. Kelly 27.39, D. Burns 28.16.
- Veteran Female: J. White 31.34, R. Fuller 33.28.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 31.38, S. Pretty 36.21.
- Masters Female: R. Kimpton 34.03, T. De-Koning Ward 39.43.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 30.47, K. McNulty 32.42.
- Legends Female: P. Galvin 39.42, P. Tindall 39.46.
- Supervets Male: V. Gasper 34.21, J. Walker 37.31.
- Supervets Female: C. Bridgland 52.10.
- Magic Money: K. Walker
Next Sunday’s race is an 8 km at Balyang Sanctuary, Melway Ref 451 F8 at 9:00 a.m. New members and invitation runners most welcome. Registrations close at 8:30 am.. More information at this link.