Considering the trying weather forecast, a respectable field of seventy assembled for the running of the Injury Clinic 8 km handicap starting at Fyansford and taking in the climb to Buckley’s Falls. Fortunately, the rain held off during the race. Strong runners were expected to come to the fore and so it proved with Matt Szymczak taking the lead on the Fyansford Common to win by 80 metres from Nicky Angus with Geoff Anset a further 20 metres behind. Szymczak, who recently ran his 100th club run, has been training for the Berlin Marathon and it was his first club win since 2012. Rachael Thompson and Daryl Burns cemented their stranglehold on their respective club championships with yet another fastest time. Special thanks to the course directors who set up during the early morning rain and hail.
Top 10 Placings
M. Szymczak, 35:04; N. Angus, 41:06; G. Anset, 37:51; R. Thompson, 32:40; P. Carroll, 34:03; G. Wilks, 47:53; J. MacCarthy, 47:59; A. Herbert, 37:08; L. Haines, 30:09; P. Posterino, 30:00.
- Under 40 Male: D. Burns 29.44, P. Posterino 30.00
- Under 40 Female: R. Thompson 32.40, E. Lewis 35.25.
- Veteran Male: L. Haines 30.09,D. Wright 31.12.
- Veteran Female: S. Pedersen 34.40, M. Paull 41.49.
- Masters Male: P. Carroll 34.03, C. Powell 37.27.
- Masters Female: S. Howell 37.35, N. Angus 41.06.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 33.31, D. Elward 35.48.
- Legends Female: J. Austin 44.08, J.Elkin 54.45.
- Supervets Male: J. Walker 40.42, F. Engelsman 44.40.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 50.18.
- Magic Money: B. O’Brien 33.06