A field of 96 gathered for the running of the Carol and Terry Crawford Funerals Memorial 8 km held in perfect conditions along the Waurn Ponds Creek paths. The flat course suits the frontmarkers and this season was no different when hard working club treasurer, Jeanette Morton, won by 30 metres from Denise Elson with Joanna MacCarthy a further fifty metres back in third. It was Morton’s sixth win in her 10 seasons with the club. Michael Minney was a narrow winner in the battle for fastest male whilst Kate Bramley, fresh from winning last week’s age graded Rory Wilson Shield, was an easy winner in the female division. After the race, president Paul Austin delivered a moving tribute to all the members who have passed away. Matt Szymczak was recognised for reaching his 100 run milestone.
Top 10 Placings
J. Morton, 43:53; D. Elson, 46:29; J. MacCarthy, 46:48; C. Moss, 34:35; M. Szymczak, 34:58; D. Jennings, 56:52; G. Anset, 36:39; D. Churkovich, 36:13; R. Thompson, 31:35; J. Larsson, 39:06.
- Under 20 Female: H. Peart 47.23.
- Under 40 Male: M. Minney 28.45, J. Hamilton 28.50
- Under 40 Female: K. Bramley 29.09, R. Thompson 31.35,
- Veteran Male: D. Wright 29.27, S. Van Rooyen 31.08
- Veteran Female: S. Pedersen 32.55, S. Andrews 36.18.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 31.56, M. Clayton 32.11.
- Masters Female: S. Howell 37.29, F. Fitzpatrick 53.09.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 32.51, V. Gasper 36.18.
- Legends Female: J. Austin 42.22, J. Morton 43.53.
- Supervets Male: J. Walker 39.00, F. Engelsman 43.11.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 46.29, M. Blood 58.31.
- Magic Money: M. Gniel 36.58.