A field of eighty-two gathered at Ocean Grove Surf Club for the Bellarine Print 10 km handicap . As the race began, a moderate breeze sprang up and together with patches of soft sand made for an interesting challenge. It was Stuart Pretty, a member since 1996, who was able to race through the middle and frontmarkers and then withstand a challenge from Brendan O’Brien to win by 40 metres with Rachael Thompson a further 40 metres away in third. It was a dual celebration for Pretty as it was his 300th club race and his fifth win. Stuart Crossfield was also recognised for reaching the 300 run milestone. New member, Catherine Allison, was easily the fastest female whilst Daryl Burns lengthened his lead in the male championship with another fastest time.
Top 10 Placings
S. Pretty, 47:03; B. O’Brien, 41:43; R. Thompson, 42:24; M. Orelli, 61:15; D. Wright, 38:18; S. Crossfield, 45:45; L. Rowan, 44:19; G. Wrest, 46:14; G. Anset, 50:07; A. McGrillen, 41:44
- Under 40 Male: D. Burns 37.26, M. Minney 38.40.
- Under 40 Female: C. Allison 40.58, R. Thompson 42.24.
- Veteran Male: D. Wright 38.18, B. O’Brien 41.43.
- Veteran Female: T. Dekleva 46.38, S. Andrews 48.09.
- Masters Male: T. Bentley 39.58, Z. Krstevski 43.18.
- Masters Female: S. Howell 46.10, K. Hammond 55.30.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 40.50, D. Elward 43.38.
- Legends Female: J Morton 60.42, M. Henshaw 61.27.
- Supervets Male: J. Walker 51.39, M. Orelli 61.15.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 63.25, F. Barnett 69.54.
- Magic Money: J. MacCarthy 67.48