A stiff westerly and an undulating course greeted the 84 competitors in the Darriwill Farm 9 km handicap at Deakin University’s Waurn Ponds campus. It was Mark Humphrey who was able to catch frontmarker, Michael Orelli, in the last few strides with life member, Stuart Crossfield 80 metres astern in third place. Humphrey returned to the club last season after an absence of thirty years and has been training hard and competing at Masters Athletics on Wednesdays. Kate Bramley who is competing in Europe later this year was easily the fastest female and Daryl Burns was the fastest male. Julian Colebrook was acclaimed for reaching the 100 run milestone.
Top 10 Placings
M. Humphrey, 38:51; M. Orelli, 54:18; S. Crossfield, 40:19; S.Pretty, 41:57; B. O’Brien, 37:09; R. Thompson, 37:42; D. Wright, 34:06; A. McGrillen, 36:41; L. Orchard, 42:06; F. Engelsman, 52:48
- Under 20 Female: H. Peart 54.55.
- Under 40 Male: D. Burns 33.30, J. Donovan 34.53.
- Under 40 Female: K. Bramley 35.36, R. Thompson 37.42.
- Veteran Male: D. Wright 34.06, S. Vander Bruggen 35.15.
- Veteran Female: S. Andrews 42.03, M. Paull 47.26.
- Masters Male: T. Bentley 35.10, M. Clayton 35.54.,
- Masters Female: C. Crawford 49.55, K. Hammond 50.14.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 37.11, S. Crossfield 40.19.
- Legends Female: J Austin 50.14, J. Morton 55.25.
- Supervets Male: J. Walker 46.58, F. Engelsman 52.48.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 58.08, F. Barnett 62.45.
- Magic Money: F. Engelsman 52.48.