On race day, entries are accepted up to 20 minutes prior to the scheduled race start time (usually 9 am).
Members Race Fees
- Standard $10 per race
- Students and pensioners $8 per race
Invitation Runners (non-members)
- An entry fee of $15 applies to adult invitation runners, except the September 21.1 km where the entry fee is $30.
- Secondary school students aged 16 years and over $10
- Invitation runners are timed but are not be eligible for fastest time or handicap prizemoney.
- Invitation runners must run with the race number on the front and yellow tag on their back (both are provided by the club).
- New members are started on provisional handicaps for their first six runs
- During this time, new members are not eligible for prize money but will be eligible for championship prizes and points
- New members must wear yellow tags (provided by the club) on their front and back.
Teams Race & Alternative 5 km races:
- For the teams race, runners need to enter by the Sunday prior. Teams are published just prior to the race start.
- On days when the race is over 10 km, an alternative 5 km race is also held. Runners in these 5 km races don’t earn championship points but the run counts towards their total number of club runs. For these 5 km races, all runners start together. Prizemoney is awarded based on handicap times.
Prepayment of Race Fees
- Members can prepay race fees if they wish. Please see our membership page for more information.
The Geelong Half Marathon and Dawnbuster
- The Geelong Cross Country Club also puts on the Geelong Half Marathon (in autumn) and Dawnbuster (on 31st Dec). These are not counted as official club runs, and have separate fees and entry time cutoffs.