The wind was blowing strongly as the 73 starters lined up for the running of the Corrective Chiropractic 8 km handicap along the Barwon River path at Ocean Grove. The final 2 km stretch was into a testing headwind. This was a new event and post race everyone congratulated Graeme Watkins for his foresight in devising such an interesting course. Middlemarker Geoff Anset was able to run down Geoff Marshall in the concluding stages to go on to win by 80 metres with Pattie Galvin a few steps behind in third place. Anset has slowly returned to form after a foot operation restricted him last season and this was his fourth club win. Invitation runner, Erica Fountain, was the fastest female whilst Luke Haines took out his first overall fastest time.
Top 10 Placings
G. Anset, 36:42; G. Marshall, 49:40; P. Galvin, 38:22; R. Thompson, 32:06; J. Larsson, 39:49; S. Pedersen, 33:08; J. Walker, 39:50; K. McNulty, 33:26; J. Foran, 33:24; A. Herbert, 37:03.
- Under 20 Male: L. Watters 36.22, F. Watters 36.22.
- Under 20 Female: H. Peart 47.03.
- Under 40 Male: H. Mack 31.35, M. Morton 32.50.
- Under 40 Female: E. Fountain 31.29, R. Thompson 32.06.
- Veteran Male: L. Haines 30.00,D. Wright 30.41.
- Veteran Female: S. Pedersen 33.08, M. O’Neill 40.34.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 32.30, K. McNulty 33.26.
- Masters Female: N. Angus 41.10, K. McFadden 42.43
- Legends Male: K. Walker 32.40, D. Elward 34.16.
- Legends Female: P. Galvin 38.22. J. Austin 41.53.
- Supervets Male: J. Walker 39.50, F. Engelsman 45.44.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 52.28, M. Blood 61.19.
- Magic Money: M. Geall 38.07.