A field of 91 assembled for the running of the Happy Runner 10 km Surfcoast Classic along the Torquay beach. Unlike last year, the weather was almost calm and there were only a couple of patches of soft sand to negotiate. It was evergreen life member, Vin Gasper, who streeted the field to win by 150 metres from Paul Carroll with Phil Shay 60 metres further back in third place. Gasper, who is approaching 900 runs with the club, attributed his success to the training he does with the Drysdale Summer group who regularly run from Drysdale to Queenscliff. In the battle for fastest time, Catherine Allison was easily the fastest female whilst Daryl Burns edged closer to being the 2019 male club champion.
Top 10 Placings
V. Gasper, 46:40; P. Carroll, 43:24; P. Shay, 42:21; A. Herbert, 47:05; G. Clark, 48:48; P. Galvin, 49:51; G. Anset, 48:34; R. Thompson, 42:15; K. McNulty, 43:07; N. Muscroft, 40:29.
- Under 40 Male: D. Burns 36.55, M. Minney 37.30.
- Under 40 Female: C. Allison 41.03, R. Thompson 42.15.
- Veteran Male: L. Haines 39.31, D. Wright 39.40.
- Veteran Female: S. Pedersen 43.49, S. Andrews 47.48.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 41.33, P. Shay 42.21.
- Masters Female: C. Crawford 54.17, N. Angus 54.35.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 42.27, V. Gasper 46.40.
- Legends Female: P. Galvin 49.51, M. Henshaw 59.56.
- Supervets Male: J. Walker 51.19, F. Engelsman 58.34.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 62.59, M. Blood 79.34.
- Magic Money: A. Herbert 47.05.