Perfect weather welcomed the 74 starters in the Injury Clinic 12.6 km handicap held at Wurdiboluc Reservoir. It was a marked contrast to last season’s event at the same venue. It was backmarker, Kurt Jungling, who was able to take the lead inside the last kilometre to win comfortably from Geoff Anset by 80 metres with Susan Andrews a similar distance away third. For Jungling, it was sweet revenge for last year’s event at the same venue when he finished second last. Kate Bramley continued her stellar form to easily be the fastest female whilst former club champion, Ron Thomas, was the fastest male by over a minute. A pink cupcake morning tea organised by Bonnie Szymczak in memory of Jo Foran was well patronised and raised valuable funds for Sanctuary Counselling Centre.
Top 10 Placings
K. Jungling, 52:34; G. Anset, 60:22; S. Andrews, 58:03; J. Morton, 73:17; S. Vander Bruggen, 47:12; D. Elward, 53:01; G. Clark, 62:26; M. Humphrey, 53:26; S. Van Rooyen, 47:12; R. Thompson, 52:25.
- Under 40 Male: D. Burns 46.36, M.Minney 46.56.
- Under 40 Female: K. Bramley 47.05, R. Thompson 52.25.
- Veteran Male: R. Thomas 45.31,S. Vander Bruggen 47.12.
- Veteran Female: S. Andrews 58.03, T. Dekleva 59.23.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 52.27, M. Humphrey 53.26.
- Masters Female: C. Crawford 67.35, N. Angus 67.59.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 51.41, D. Elward 53.01.
- Legends Female: J. Morton 73.17, C. Bridgland 76.54
- Supervets Male: J. Walker 64.56, F. Engelsman 72.12.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 77.41, M. Blood 99.32.
- Magic Money: R. Meesen 61.35.