Pleasant Sunday morning weather prevailed for the eighty competitors in the Café Zoo 7 km handicap held at the Drysdale Recreation Reserve. The true cross country course with its hills and grassy terrain has always favoured the backmarkers and that was the case again this season. Kate Bramley was joined by her coach, Stephane Vander Bruggen, mid-race and they ran neck and neck for the rest of the race with Bramley winning by a few hundredths of a second. Brendan O’Brien was 100 metres behind in third place. It was Bramley’s first club win and is the icing on the cake after she has earned a much sought after professional triathlon listing. That enables her to compete in elite events and a trip to Europe is planned. Both the major placegetters were the fastest for their gender.
Top 10 Placings
K. Bramley, 27:03; S. Vander Bruggen, 26:49; B. O’Brien, 29:35; L. Rowan, 31:32; D. Wright, 28:10; K. Walker, 29:44; P. Posterino, 28:14; S. Pedersen, 32:10; D. Burns, 26:57; L. Pye, 36:35.
- Under 40 Male: D. Burns 26.57, M. Minney 26.59.
- Under 40 Female: K. Bramley 27.03, N. Byrne 34.37.
- Veteran Male: S. Vander Bruggen 26.49,B. Nicholson 27.26.
- Veteran Female: J. De Vries 30.53,S. Pedersen 32.10.
- Masters Male: T. Bentley 28.33, A. Ward 30.42.
- Masters Female: S. Howell 33.43, N. Angus 38.54.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 29.44, M. Wright 34.47.
- Legends Female: P. Galvin 40.09, J. Morton 45.14.
- Supervets Male: J. Walker 37.03, F. Engelsman 42.37.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 47.33, F. Barnett 53.53.
- Magic Money: J. Morton 36.11.